Papers should address one or more of the themes
of the symposium. To help the reviewers, please write the relevant
theme on the back of the first page.
The maximum length for a paper is five A4 pages and for a poster
abstract half an A4 page.
Each paper will go to two reviewers, who will
recommend that papers appear in the Proceedings (possibly subject
to changes being made) or become part of a Poster Session. Authors will be
notified of the outcome by
15 September 1999.
Format (see templates for
- Times Roman font should be used throughout.
- Title should be set in 18 pt upper and lower case, followed by
authors names and affiliations. (Review copies should not show authors'
- Major headings should be set in 14 point upper and lower case with a
2 point spacing before and a 6 point spacing after. Set second level
headings in 11 point. (Do not underline or number headings).
- Text should be set in 11 point (Times Roman) in single line spacing
with a 6 point space following each paragraph.
- Use 2.54cm (1 inch) margins all around.
- Begin with an abstract, no more than 100 word, indented 1 cm left
- Include tables and figures in the body of the paper, number them,
and refer to them as Table 1, Figure 2 etc. and add a brief explanatory
caption to each.
- Sequentially number references in the text and show a list of
references in numerical order at the end of the paper.